Monday, May 31, 2010

Perseverance, and then JOYFULNESS!



The first day of June (well, here in New Zealand it is, the rest of the world is chasing to catch us!). And with the new month, a new beginning... The Adventures of Mali & Keela has just launched!

The journey of creating the book became a personal exploration of the virtues. There were times when, to meet the publishing deadline I would need to spend weekends writing rather than being with my children (yet I was writing about moderation!), times when the ideas just wouldn't flow – I would be writing about creativity, but be at a creative road-block. And so many times I needed to remind myself about perseverance!

And with the kindness of others – editor Sean O'Connor, devoting so much time and wisdom; writing buddy Janice Healey, bouncing ideas with me and adding huge value; Linda Kavelin Popov, whose encouragement topped up my enthusiasm – I came to realize that the pursuit of excellence is made a lot easier with a good dose of unity and love along the way.

I don't want this to sound like an Oscars acceptance speech (even though there are many people I want to thank), but just quickly... publisher Cathy is an angel who embodies so many virtues, particularly trust and caring, so I'd like to use this as an opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to her.

I'd love this blog to become an interactive space, so if you feel like adding a comment, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment